Sener Law & Conveyancing Firm
Sener Law & Conveyancing Firm

How do I obtain a residency permit for the TRNC?

You will need to produce to the police the following documents to the police immigration department: 

  • Passport original and photocopy.
  • Title deed/tenancy agreement/ Contract of Sale
  • A letter from your local village chief which you can acquire from the local municipality (belediye) building or the post office. 
  • Bank documents showing that you have a TRNC bank account which has sufficient funds or a regular income to enable you to support yourself in the TRNC without working. 
  • 2 passport photographs 
  • Stamps – we will provide these for you

You will then be required to undergo a routine health check to be submitted to the immigration office. 

No CRB check is required, but please note that you will need one for permission to purchase property from the Interior Ministry, or if you are renting your landlord may ask you if you have a criminal record.

A residency permit does not entitle you to take employment or to start a business in the TRNC.

Kıbrıs Web Tasarım, Weblica